Our Plumbing Services
Do you often hear the sound of dripping or running water in your home or office when all water points have been turned off? Has your water bill risen without cause? Does your water meter dial turn even when all your taps have been turned off? If you answer yes, then you will need Absolute Plumbing to conduct a leak detection at your property.
This device is used in walls, floors and roof spaces to identify hot water leaks. It is a hand-held device and allows the viewer to view heat on a camera.
Used to detect the sound of running water in walls and ground.
Gas leak seeking machine
Hydrogen gas is pumped through your pipe system and a ‘snooper’ picks up a leak by detecting the exiting gas and pinpointing your leak.
Once our leak detection is complete, we will provide you with a free quote for repairs, and a plumbing report for your insurance or local council as proof of a concealed leak.
Did you know?
- A leaking toilet can waste up to 340’687 L of water in one month.
- According to the City of Cape Town, 37% of South Africa’s water supply is lost through leaks across many cities.
- One small hole in a metal pipe can leak up to 9’463 L in 24 hours.
- All water, drainage and sewerage piping in a household, factory or office block has a shelf life. Galvanised and Polycop pipe (frequently used in Cape Town buildings) are no longer used due to their poor quality and susceptibility to leaks, cracks and bursts.
Call us today to book your appointment with our friendly leak detection team.
Water Heating Systems
At Absolute Plumbing we offer a full range of installations on water heating systems including, but not limited to, the following:
- Electric Hot Water Geysers – 50L up to 500L
- Solar systems
- Heat pump systems
- Instant water heaters
- Prisma water heater 10L – 30L
We offer servicing on all units including burst geyser replacements, geyser element, thermostat, and anode replacement, SANS compliance on geysers, heat pump servicing and solar repair.
We install all our water heating systems to SANS.
We offer a PIRB certificate of compliance with each water heating system installed if requested.
Certificates of compliance
When building your new home, selling your existing home, or needing a certificate of compliance (coc) for your geyser, call us for a free inspection and quote. We are registered and licensed professionals and market leaders offering the absolute best and most efficient service.
We stay up to date with all the latest rules and regulations from the plumbing regulatory board therefore ensuring that you will not be charged extra for complying with outdated rules.
Absolute Plumbing provides a full range of drainage solutions for domestic, commercial and industrial needs.
For blocked drains we offer the following services:
Rotary machine cleaning
Rotary machine cleaning for 110mm PVC and 40mm waste – including root cleaning and general blockages.
High Pressure hydro jetting
High pressure hydro jetting machines suitable for small to large drains. This is used to clear out roots, cement, concrete, sand, oils and fats.
We re-lay and repair waste pipes, storm water and drainage lines. Our full service starts from a free quote to digging the trench, laying new pipes, filling up the trench and re-laying brick paving or tarring if necessary. We will advise on the cause of the problem, for example a nearby plant or tree that is prone to invasive behaviour.
Water harvesting systems
At Absolute Plumbing, we offer households, flats and businesses the full range of water harvesting solutions to combat the effect of water restrictions and long-term water savings including
• water tank supply and fitting from 500L to 10’000L
• building of concrete base for tanks
• connection of gutters or borehole/WellPoint to tanks
• installation of pumps and pressure vessels
• installation of filtration systems
• connection to water supply to building
• installation of shut off valve to move water supply between municipal and harvested water as needed
Call us for a free site visit and quotation
CCTV Drain Camera
CCTV Drain Camera inspections are incredibly helpful in identifying the exact cause and location of your blockage. Our equipment is the latest on the market and allows for clear and concise footage. This circumvents unnecessary digging and replacement work.
All footage can be sent to you and a free inspection report will be sent to you if needed.
General Plumbing Maintenance (all services)
We offer plumbing services to households, businesses, body corporates, shopping centres and building contractors.
- Unblocking of all drainage pipes, storm water and waste pipes
- CCTV camera inspections
- Installing rodding eyes and building manholes
- Drainage pipe re-routes, assessments and new build drainage
- New drainage installations
- Repairs and installations of french drains and septic tanks
- Grey water systems
- Rain water collection systems, including pumps, pressure chambers and filtration systems and connection of borehole water to feed current reticulation systems
- Burst and leaking water pipe repairs and replacements
- Water pipe re-routing
- Installation and tools for 16mm, 20mm, 25mm and 32mm Valsir (Pex) and Cobra multi-layer piping
- Compliance certificates (COC) for plumbing on new builds, renovations and geyser installations
- Certificate of Compliance (COC) for property sales
- Installations, repairs and maintenance of geysers, solar systems, heat pumps and boilers, and installations of instant water heaters and Prisma water heaters
- Leak detection services including thermal imaging, acoustic and gas leak detection
- New installations, renovations of bathrooms and kitchens and construction plumbing
- Shower floors and shower doors and panel replacement and installation
- Repair and new installations of taps, mixers, sinks, basins, toilets, bidet’s, baths, showers, dishwashers, washing machine and fridge water points
- All our work is insured and our workmanship is guaranteed for one year
- We are licenced plumbers and are registered with the City of Cape Town and the PIRB
- All our work is carried out according to SANS
Why spend money on a complete new bathroom when you can transform your existing bathroom, give it a whole new lease of life and add value to your property at the same time.
There are three basic factors that you need to consider when designing your bathroom: comfort, ease of use and optimising space—and it’s usually a question of balancing these to get the best result.
We understand the challenges faced by our customers and we ensure all of our bathroom renovation activities are completed on time and within budget. We create the minimum of mess and disruption enabling you to live in your house comfortably during your bathroom refurbishment without extensive disturbance or upset.
Our bathroom refurbishment and bathroom installation service includes the following aspects of plumbing work:
- Removal and refitting of sanitary ware
- Removal and refitting of tiles
- Installation of pipe work, taps and chrome-ware
- Ceiling and cladding, including plastering, skimming and tiling
- Flooring, including under floor heating
- Bathroom ventilation
- Bathroom accessory installation
- Shower door removal and professional installation
- New shower door installation
- Bath and shower walls
- Moving doorways, hanging new doors and installing new windows
Our helpful and friendly team will visit your home and talk with you about your needs, whilst answering any questions. We carry out a comprehensive site survey and arrange a free no obligation estimate.
We have extensive construction plumbing experience and offer a full plumbing construction service to the various building contractors and owner builders we contract to for all home renovations and building additions, full new builds from the ground up and multi-story buildings. We pride ourselves in being punctual, professional and affordable. All our work is SANS compliant and materials used are all SABS approved.
We offer and specialize in the following plumbing construction services:
- Laying of all drainage with gullies, rodding eyes, vents and stacks
- Chasing for all new hot and cold-water piping
- Installing new waste pipes
- Installation of sanitary ware, taps, chrome-ware and accessories
- New hot water systems, including heat pumps, solar, electric geyser, and instant water heaters installations
- Washing machine, dishwasher and fridge points
We are registered with the PIRB and issue a certificate of compliance for all new builds. Our workmanship is guaranteed for one full year and our plumbers on site are qualified and have decades of experience to deal with any unforeseen complications.
Our helpful and friendly team will conduct a site survey and discuss all your needs and answer all your questions. We will arrange for a free no obligation estimate.