Over 10 years of professional and efficient plumbing ‘service with a smile’.
Absolute Plumbing Cape Town had a humble beginning in 2010 with one plumber, Chris Maujean, who has a passion for plumbing excellence, client service, and delivery. However, through word of mouth from existing clients we now have a team of 20 dedicated staff with 8 vehicles on the road every day, servicing the entire Cape Peninsula with unparalleled professionalism.
We pride ourselves on our excellent team of plumbers. We’re often complimented by our clients and reminded of the fact that our plumbers are the best (and friendliest) in the business. We are passionate about serving our clients and as such focus much of our efforts on training our staff on a regular basis. It’s important to us that our plumbers are up to date with the latest regulations, products and plumbing techniques. We take our job seriously by providing you with the best plumbing services available in your area. If you’re in Cape Town searching for “professional plumbers near me”, then search no further. Offering an exception plumbing service is what we do 😉.
At Absolute Plumbing Cape Town we strive to:
- Achieve 100% client satisfaction
- Offer the best value for money
- Solve your plumbing problem in the most cost-effective way
- Have the friendliest staff
- Leave your home, office, business, or site cleaner than when we arrived
General Plumbing Services list
We offer general plumbing services to households, businesses, body corporates, shopping centres, and building contractors. Our general plumbing services include;
- Unblocking of all drainage pipes, stormwater, and waste pipes
- CCTV camera inspections
- Installing rodding eyes and building manholes
- Drainage pipe re-routing, assessments, and building new drainage systems
- New drainage installations
- Repairs and installations of french drains and septic tanks
- Greywater systems
- Rainwater collection systems, including pumps, pressure chambers, and filtration systems and connection of borehole water to feed current reticulation systems
- Burst and leaking water pipe repairs and replacements
- Water pipe re-routing
- Installation and tools for 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, and 32mm Valsir (Pex) and Cobra multi-layer piping
- Compliance certificates (COC) for plumbing on new builds, renovations, and geyser installations
- Certificate of Compliance (COC) for property sales
- Installations, repairs, and maintenance of geysers, solar systems, heat pumps and boilers, and installations of instant water heaters and Prisma water heaters
- Leak detection services including thermal imaging, acoustic and gas leak detection
- New installations, renovations of bathrooms and kitchens, and construction plumbing
- Shower floors and shower doors and panel replacement and installation
- Repair and new installations of taps, mixers, sinks, basins, toilets, bidet’s, baths, showers, dishwashers, washing machine, and fridge water points
- All our work is insured and our workmanship is guaranteed for one year
- We are licenced plumbers and are registered with the City of Cape Town and the PIRB
- All our work is carried out according to SANS
Let’s go ahead and break down the plumbing services offered by Absolute Plumbing Cape Town into bite-size chunks to make them easier to understand.
1. Leak Detection
Do you often hear the sound of dripping or running water in your home or office when all water points have been turned off? Has your water bill risen without cause? Does your water meter dial turn even when all your taps have been turned off? If you answer yes, then you will need plumbers from Absolute Plumbing cape Town to conduct a leak detection at your property.
How do we detect leaks? We use state-of-the-art technology which makes the job quicker and simpler with far less damage to your property. It’s a win-win!
- Thermal Imaging
This device is used in walls, floors, and roof spaces to identify hot water leaks. It is a hand-held device and allows the viewer to view heat on a camera.
- Acoustic location
The concept behind acoustic leak detection is that all leaks produce sounds. All we need is the correct equipment and experience to listen to the various sounds that the leaks are making in the walls or under the ground. The different sounds tell us what kind of leak it is which makes repairing the leak MUCH easier!
- Leak detection using gas
Hydrogen gas is pumped through your pipe system and a ‘snooper’ picks up a leak by detecting the exiting gas and pinpointing your leak.
Once our leak detection is complete, we will provide you with a free quote for repairs, and a plumbing report for your insurance or local council as proof of a concealed leak.
2. Water Heating Systems
At Absolute Plumbing Cape Town we offer a full range of installations on water heating systems including, but not limited to, the following:
- Electric Hot Water Geysers – 50L up to 500L
- Solar systems
- Heat pump systems
- Instant water heaters
- Prisma water heater 10L – 30L
We offer servicing on all units including burst geyser replacements, geyser element, thermostat, and anode replacement, SANS compliance on geysers, heat pump servicing, and solar repair. We install all our water heating systems to SANS and we offer a certificate of compliance with each water heating system installed if requested.
3. Certificates of compliance
When building your new home, selling your existing home, or needing a certificate of compliance (CoC) for your geyser look no further than the plumbing services of Absolute Plumbing Cape Town. We are registered and licensed professionals and market leaders offering the absolute best and most efficient service.
We stay up to date with all the latest rules and regulations from the plumbing regulatory board, therefore, ensuring that you will not be charged extra for complying with outdated rules. Call us for a free inspection and quotation.
4. Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Are you experiencing problems with blocked drains? At Absolute Plumbing Cape Town our plumbers offer professional, reliable, and affordable drain cleaning services that you can count on! We provide a full range of drainage solutions for domestic, commercial, and industrial needs. Our full-service range from a free quotation, to digging the trench, laying new pipes, filling up the trench, and re-laying brick paving or tarring if necessary.
Common Causes of Blocked Drains
Often the cause of a blocked drain is the build-up of fat, oil, and grease (FOG) from cooking and washing the grease down your kitchen sink. Largely due to misinformation, many households tend to wash warm fat and grease generated from cooking down the drain which leads to a large amount of food debris sticking to the walls of your pipes. Apart from F.O.G causing massive blockages in your drains, a common cause of the blockage is tree roots which you will not be able to unblock without the services of a professional plumber. We will advise on the cause of the problem, for example, a nearby plant or tree that is prone to invasive behaviour.
The only way to properly remove the fat, oil, and grease build-up in the walls of your pipes is to contract a professional plumber to thoroughly inspect and clean your pipes. At Absolute Plumbing Cape Town, we offer Hydro Jetting drain cleaning solutions which are proven to be an effective method in removing stubborn debris from your pipes.
- High-Pressure Hydro Jetting
High pressure hydro jetting machines suitable for small to large drains are used by our highly trained plumbers. This is used to effectively clear out roots, cement, concrete, sand, oils, and fats.
- Rotary machine cleaning
This method is used for extraction purposes e.g. root infestation removal and to clear out general blockages in 110mm and 40mm PVC pipes.
5. Water harvesting systems
At Absolute Plumbing Cape Town, we offer households, flats, and businesses the full range of water harvesting solutions to combat the effect of water restrictions and long-term water savings including;
• water tank supply and fitting from 500 litres to 10 000 litres
• building of concrete bases for tanks
• connection of gutters or boreholes/well points to tanks
• installation of pumps and pressure vessels
• installation of filtration systems
• connection of water supply to buildings
• installation of shut off valves to move water supply between municipal water and harvested water as needed
6. CCTV Drain Camera
CCTV Drain Camera inspections are incredibly helpful in identifying the exact cause and location of your blockage. Our equipment is the latest on the market and allows for clear and concise footage. This circumvents unnecessary digging and replacement work.
All footage can be sent to you and a free inspection report will be sent to you if needed.
7. Bathroom Renovations
Why spend money on a completely new bathroom when you can transform your existing bathroom, giving it a whole new lease of life AND add value to your property at the same time?
There are three basic factors that you need to consider when redesigning your bathroom: comfort, ease of use, and optimising of space—and it’s usually a question of balancing these to get the best result.
We understand the challenges faced by our customers and we ensure that all of our bathroom renovation activities are completed on time and within budget. We create minimal mess and disruption, enabling you to live in your house comfortably during your bathroom refurbishment, without extensive disturbance or upset.
Our bathroom refurbishment and bathroom installation service include the following aspects of plumbing work:
- Removal and refitting of sanitary ware
- Removal and refitting of tiles
- Installation of pipework, taps, and chrome-ware
- Ceiling and cladding, including plastering, skimming, and tiling
- Flooring, including underfloor heating
- Bathroom ventilation
- Bathroom accessory installation
- Shower door removal and professional installation
- New shower door installation
- Bath and shower walls
- Moving doorways, hanging new doors, and installing new windows
Our helpful and friendly team will visit your home to discuss your bathroom needs, whilst answering any questions that you may have. We will carry out a comprehensive site survey and arrange a free, no-obligation estimate.
8. Construction Plumbing
We have extensive construction plumbing experience, and we offer full plumbing construction services for all home renovations and building additions, as well as buildings and homes that are being built from scratch. We pride ourselves on being punctual, sticking to deadlines, being professional and affordable. All our work is SANS compliant and the materials used are all SABS approved.
We offer and specialize in the following plumbing construction services:
- Laying of all drainage with gullies, rodding eyes, vents, and stacks
- Chasing for all new hot and cold-water piping
- Installing new waste pipes
- Installation of sanitary ware, taps, chrome-ware and accessories
- New hot water systems, including heat pumps, solar, electric geyser, and instant water heaters installations
- Washing machine, dishwasher, and fridge points
We are registered with the PIRB and issue a certificate of compliance for all new builds. Our workmanship is guaranteed for one full year and our plumbers on site are qualified and have decades of experience to deal with any unforeseen complications.
Our helpful and friendly team will conduct a site survey and discuss all your needs and answer all your questions. We will arrange for a free no-obligation estimate.
9. PIPE RELINING
Pipe relining attempts to repair your pipes by curing them from the inside using a special Epoxy, which cures with time to form another strong (in some cases, even stronger than the original) pipe.
In this method, the Epoxy is the key to curing the pipe. A Epoxy-saturated felt tube made out of a suitable material (generally polyester or fiberglass) for epoxy impregnation, is inserted into a damaged pipe. This epoxy then hardens and forms another pipe within the damaged pipe.
Depending on your specific pipe rehabilitation needs, we offer cured-in-place lining, UV lining, inversion lining, barrier, and epoxy coating.
We rehabilitate pipes ranging from 15mm – 1500mm in diameter, and we offer several choices when addressing the tricky art of dealing with junctions.
From stack pipes, collapsed lines underground, or beneath concrete, there is nothing too big for us to handle!
Trenchless pipe restoration solutions mean we can replace your drain pipes without the need for digging/chopping or breaking any area. This makes relining a more cost-effective and less intensive method than traditional ‘dig and replace’ pipe repair methods.
Types of pipes include PVC, mild steel, cast iron, earthenware, HDPE, plastic, and more.
* Save time
* Less invasive
* Clean-Up is Easier
* Strength and Durability
* Wide range of applications
* Thermal resistant
* Moisture insensitivity
* Ecologically friendly
* More cost-effective than conventional
* Rapid set time
* Product Data Sheet
* Withholds up to 200psi
* Works on any size pipe from 15mm to 1500mm, and 100 meters in length
* Customisable coat application
In conclusion, at Absolute Plumbing Cape Town, we treat the source of your plumbing problems and not just the symptom. With over 10 years of experience in the plumbing field, we use our qualifications and experience, combined with the latest and best in technology to target and crunch the source of your drain and pipe problems. We are professional a team of plumbers dedicated to providing you with an excellent customer service experience.
Contact Us TODAY to see how we can best serve your every plumbing need!